[ptp-user] Eclipse PTP's SDM under AIX

Hi,

I have been trying to use Eclipse PTP's SDM, version 5.0.7, to debug a
MPI program remotely. When I compiled my testing program under Linux,
SLES 11.1, and launch a remote debugging session on a remote compute
node that also runs SLES 11.1, everything was working fine.

However, when I compiled the same program under AIX 6.1 and tired to
launch a debugging session on a remote compute node that runs AIX 6.1,
Eclipse seemed to have problem to connect to the debugger. It was stuck
at a dialog showing "Operation in progress...", and I received an error
message saying "Cannot connect to debug" when I cancel the dialog.

I am using IBM Parallel Environment for AIX/Linux as my Resource
Managers for development and debugging. I am able to launch the job on a
remote compute node that runs either SLES 11.1 or AIX 6.1. The only
issue I have is remote debugging when the remote compute node is running
AIX 6.1. Does anyone know what I may have done incorrectly?

Dan Sun
Service Delivery Manager
BlueFern, University of Canterbury
Phone: +64 3 3642987 ext 43211
Mobile: +64 22 5102388
Email: dan.sun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.bluefern.canterbury.ac.nz

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.

Back to the top