Re: [ptp-user] PTP and modules

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:00:08 Jeffrey Overbey wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> > I am testing the current Juno release (Build id: 20120510-1218). The
> > panel for "Environment Management" looks much more stable than before,
> > but is still not able to recognize the remote modules installation.
>
> I'm not certain whether that build contains everything needed for your
> version of Modules.  Release Candidate 1 was just posted today at
> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index-developer.php -- it definitely
> has the Modules Tcl support you need -- so, if you would, please try it,
> and let me know if you're still having problems.  Thanks!
>
> Jeff

Jeff,

I installed Release Candidate 1 as instructed. I removed all previous
workspace remnants (like .project, .settings, .cproject, .ptp-sync and the
workspace itself) locally and scratched the complete project directory
remotely. Then I imported from git as general project, turned this in to a
local Fortran project, compiled once locally and used the wizard to turn this
local Fortran project into a synchronized project. The remote system
(SuperMIG) is Intel64 (Westmere) with Linux.  After the remote directory for
synchronization was correctly set I opened the page
projects->properties->C/C++ Build->Environment Management.
The results I saw were the following.

Local [Active] -> "The selected configuration has not been configured to
synchronize with a remote machine, so environment settings are not available."
-> This works as expected.

SuperMIG (after opening the connection) ->
"SuperMIG does not have a supported environment management system
installed..."
-> This is unexpected as SuperMIG supports the module command [Tcl based, I
think].

I added another remote host blizzard (POWER6 with AIX 6.1, blizzard.dkrz.de)
and retried.
blizzard (after restarting the workspace and opening the connection) ->
"Detecting environment management system on blizzard. Please wait..."
I waited for about 5 minutes, restarted eclipse and retried. Apparently this
action never completes.

I restarted eclipse again and added yet another remote system called "jugene"
(BlueGene/P  front end, POWER6 with SuSE Linux, jugene.fz-juelich.de). I
adapted the remote directories and retried
jugene (after opening the remote connection) ->
 " Modules Tcl 3.1.6 on jugene" followed by a long selection list of modules,
none of them selected. This is absolutely correct, as the check using command
line gets the same result.
[pospiech@jugene4 bench]$ module list
Currently Loaded Modulefiles:
[pospiech@jugene4 bench]$

On jugene I also tested the functionality "Filter list" with the two test
strings "scalasca*" and "sion*" and compared with the command line output of
module avail. For scalasca* the result was as expected. for "sion*" I got all
modules "sionlib/<version_number>" (which is expected), but also
"subversion/<version_number>" (which came as a surprise to me). Is this as it
should be ? My search string was "sion*", not "*sion*".

In a nutshell, I tried three different remote hosts, one of them worked
correctly. Please advise for the other two. Thanks !
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top