Re: [ptp-user] How to recover from crashes that affect synchronized projects ?

Christoph,
We had this in the FAQ:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/sync-projects#I_get_a_Merge_conflict_for_a_file_that_changed_both_locally_and_remotely.__How_do_I_recover_from_this.3F
It sounds like maybe what you're doing is a super-set of this?
(I don't have experience with this, just wanting to see if the FAQ is right and update it with more details if necessary)

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Christoph Pospiech ---12/13/2011 06:42:16 AM---On Thursday, December 08, 2011 19:47:37 Dr. Christoph Christoph Pospiech ---12/13/2011 06:42:16 AM---On Thursday, December 08, 2011 19:47:37 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote: > After restarting any attempt

Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx,

12/13/2011 06:42 AM

Re: [ptp-user] How to recover from crashes that affect synchronized projects ?

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Thursday, December 08, 2011 19:47:37 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> After restarting any attempt to synchronize
> the projects failed with a message that there is a merge conflict for some
> file  blahblah.o. This is a typical git error message. The
> file  blahblah.o was not important and can be recreated by something like
> "make clean;make".
>
> How to recover from this ?
>
> I tried the following to no avail.
> - project clean for the remote project fails because the synchronization
> prior  to make clean failed.
> - Login on remote node outside of eclipse and make clean didn't help.
> - Removing remote .ptp-sync leads to error message that directory .ptp-sync
> is  missing
> - Removing .ptp-sync on both got me another error message.
>
> Any hints ?

Hi,

I just found out that the following four steps just worked for me. This saved
me the trouble of resolving the merge conflict with git commands.
- shut down eclipse.
- synchronize projects "by hand". This means a couple of "rm -rf" or "scp -r"
or "make clean" commands on both hosts, as appropriate. The error message
about merge conflicts may direct you to the files that need treatment.
- remove .ptp-sync on >both< hosts
- restart eclipse.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards