Re: [ptp-user] How to recover from crashes that affect synchronized projects ?

On Thursday, December 08, 2011 19:47:37 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> After restarting any attempt to synchronize
> the projects failed with a message that there is a merge conflict for some
> file  blahblah.o. This is a typical git error message. The
> file  blahblah.o was not important and can be recreated by something like
> "make clean;make".
>
> How to recover from this ?
>
> I tried the following to no avail.
> - project clean for the remote project fails because the synchronization
> prior  to make clean failed.
> - Login on remote node outside of eclipse and make clean didn't help.
> - Removing remote .ptp-sync leads to error message that directory .ptp-sync
> is  missing
> - Removing .ptp-sync on both got me another error message.
>
> Any hints ?

Hi,

I just found out that the following four steps just worked for me. This saved
me the trouble of resolving the merge conflict with git commands.
- shut down eclipse.
- synchronize projects "by hand". This means a couple of "rm -rf" or "scp -r"
or "make clean" commands on both hosts, as appropriate. The error message
about merge conflicts may direct you to the files that need treatment.
- remove .ptp-sync on >both< hosts
- restart eclipse.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top