Re: [ptp-user] How to recover from crashed that affect synchronized projects ?

Hi,

sorry I wrote the last message a bit in a hurry and it wasn't quite accurate.

The git commands have to executed on the remote side. And the correct
commands are:
git --git-dir=.ptp-sync --work-tree=. add path/to/blahblah.o
git --git-dir=.ptp-sync --work-tree=. commit -m "resolved merge conflict"

The root cause of the problem is that the binaries are being synced.
If your build system supports out of source build (e.g. autoconf and
cmake do) than I would suggest to do that. The best option is to build
outside of the source directory. Then the build files don't get
synced. It also works to build in the source directory but in
different folders for the local and remote configuration. Then the
files still get synced (making it a bit slower) but at least you won't
have the problem that binaries get overwritten or risk merge
conflicts.

Roland

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think this would help.
>
> I think you need to mark it as merged in git by hand.
> The git directory is in .ptp-sync. On the command line:
> git --git-dir=.ptp add path/to/blahblah.o  #because you don't care
> about the file this should be enough. For an important file you would
> use the editor to resolve the conflict.
> git --git-dir=.ptp commit -m "resolved merge conflict"
>
> Roland
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM, John Eblen <jeblen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Try deleting the problem files in your local workspace. The merge conflict
>> may be happening on the local side.
>>

>> John
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Christoph Pospiech
>> <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Today during a demo, my eclipse completely crashed (eclipse disgracefully
>>> exited and closed all windows). After restarting any attempt to
>>> synchronize
>>> the projects failed with a message that there is a merge conflict for some
>>> file
>>> blahblah.o. This is a typical git error message. The file  blahblah.o was