[ptp-user] ssh woes

Hi,

experimenting with remote connections (as necessary part of synchronized
projects) I noted a few ssh oddities.

- apparently, remote connections doesn't seem to cooperate with ssh-agent. Is
this planned to change some time ?

- I first thought that I couldn't use ssh public/private key pairs with a pass-
phrase, but then I found a description of the following work around in
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/200827/735076/
- remove the pass-phrase
- import the the into eclipse key management
- set a new pass phrase within eclipse
- save the changed private key
- re-distribute the public key

I found this work around, but no indication that this was filed as a bug. Is
this a known bug ?

Even then, I have to store the pass-phrase (means tick the box "save
passphrase"), otherwise the remote connection never becomes active. Is this
pass-phrase stored in clear text on disk somewhere ? I guess this would
violate IT rules from my employer (=IBM) - which is why I am interested in
using ssh-agent together with eclipse.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top