[ptp-user] Cannot run MPI Fortran "Hello World" using PTP/Indigo, OS-X

Hello PTP Developers,

I have just started using PTP, so it's certain possible that I'm missing something, but I'm having some problems using the SDM debugger.   I've managed to compile the MPI-Fortran "Hello World" example locally on my OSX machine using the PGI compiler:

mpif90 -f90=pgf90 -g -o bin/mpi_fortran src/mpi_fortran.f90

I compiled SDM for my machine and got my Resource Manager to start successfully.   But when I try to create a breakpoint, I get

org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugException: Breakpoint does not have an associated marker.
at org.eclipse.debug.core.model.Breakpoint.ensureMarker(Breakpoint.java:268)
at org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.core.breakpoints.CBreakpoint.ensureMarker(CBreakpoint.java:295)
at org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.core.breakpoints.CBreakpoint.getCondition(CBreakpoint.java:128)
at org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.core.breakpoints.CBreakpoint.isConditional(CBreakpoint.java:313)
at org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.ui.CDebugModelPresentation.computeOverlays(CDebugModelPresentation.java:532)
at org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.ui.CDebugModelPresentation.getLineBreakpointImage(CDebugModelPresentation.java:365)
at org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.ui.CDebugModelPresentation.getBreakpointImage(CDebugModelPresentation.java:331)
at org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.ui.CDebugModelPresentation.getBaseImage(CDebugModelPresentation.java:284)
at org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.ui.CDebugModelPresentation.getImage(CDebugModelPresentation.java:226)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.LazyModelPresentation.getImage(LazyModelPresentation.java:127)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DelegatingModelPresentation.getImage(DelegatingModelPresentation.java:143)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.views.launch.DebugElementHelper.getImageDescriptor(DebugElementHelper.java:70)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.DebugElementLabelProvider.getImageDescriptor(DebugElementLabelProvider.java:72)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.ElementLabelProvider.getImageDescriptor(ElementLabelProvider.java:289)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.BreakpointLabelProvider.getImageDescriptor(BreakpointLabelProvider.java:43)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.ElementLabelProvider.retrieveLabel(ElementLabelProvider.java:216)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.ElementLabelProvider$LabelUpdater.run(ElementLabelProvider.java:160)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.ElementLabelProvider$LabelJob.run(ElementLabelProvider.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

The only other "strange" thing I've noticed in trying to configure the Resource Manager is:   Each time I start Eclipse, I get the following error dialog:

The reason appears to be that Eclipse never stores the chosen installation location is for the MPICH2 commands.   That is, the following dialog always starts with a blank Installation Location, even when I change it, click "Finish", and return to this dialog in the same session.
I have to browse to the same directory each time I start Eclipse, after which the problem appears to go away.     Strangely, though this field in the dialog box is blank each time I bring it up, the resource manager continues to start up correctly after I browse to the MPICH2 directory the first time.   If I quit Eclipse, however, the error dialog returns.

Back to the top