Re: [ptp-user] Cannot run MPI Fortran "Hello World" using PTP/Indigo, OS-X

Hi,

On Dec 2, 2011, at 1:51 PM, Brian Bonnlander wrote:

Hello PTP Developers,

I have just started using PTP, so it's certain possible that I'm missing something, but I'm having some problems using the SDM debugger.   I've managed to compile the MPI-Fortran "Hello World" example locally on my OSX machine using the PGI compiler:

mpif90 -f90=pgf90 -g -o bin/mpi_fortran src/mpi_fortran.f90

I compiled SDM for my machine and got my Resource Manager to start successfully.   But when I try to create a breakpoint, I get

Is it possible to debug a program compiled with the PGI compiler using gdb? The SDM uses gdb for debugging, so this needs to be supported for it to work properly.

The only other "strange" thing I've noticed in trying to configure the Resource Manager is:   Each time I start Eclipse, I get the following error dialog:

<PastedGraphic-3.tiff>

The reason appears to be that Eclipse never stores the chosen installation location is for the MPICH2 commands.   That is, the following dialog always starts with a blank Installation Location, even when I change it, click "Finish", and return to this dialog in the same session.
I have to browse to the same directory each time I start Eclipse, after which the problem appears to go away.     Strangely, though this field in the dialog box is blank each time I bring it up, the resource manager continues to start up correctly after I browse to the MPICH2 directory the first time.   If I quit Eclipse, however, the error dialog returns.

This sounds the resource manager configuration is not being  saved correctly. Please open a bug against the RM.MPICH2 component.

Regards,
Greg

Back to the top