Re: [ptp-user] help about PTP SDM

Hi Kobol,

The SDM assumes that it will be launched using an MPI runtime. Most, if not all, runtimes use an environment variable to pass the MPI rank, so each SDM process will have a unique rank variable in it's environment when it starts. The SDM process then starts gdb which will pass the environment to the process it is debugging, so ultimately each target process will also have a copy of the unique rank variable in it's environment. The environment variables used by each supported runtime are listed in src/impl/sdm_routing_table_file.c.

Best regards,
Greg