Re: [ptp-user] PTP 3.0 under eclipse-3.5 and Ubuntu-9.10 - new project wizard samples missing

Stefan,
I just got exactly this same symptom testing our recent Helios build. :-)
All I saw in the C/C++ new project wizard was two things, Makefile project and empty project (I think).
I did have PLDT installed. But I didn't see the CDT sample projects *or* the PTP sample projects from PLDT.

The problem was that I only had the core of CDT installed, what's on the Eclipse update site, instead of the full version of CDT.

So, I believe you, and you probably *do* have PLDT installed. :-)
Install the rest of CDT by using the CDT update site (for 3.5 Galileo I assume you are using)
at http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/galileo

I would install everything *except* "Eclipse CDT Testing Feature" which is under CDT Optional Features.
(It just puts an annoying confusing extra page in the wizards.)

Try getting all of CDT as described above, and see if you see more of what you expect.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Stefan Kuhne ---02/04/2010 09:33:42 AM---Am 04.02.2010 15:14, schrieb Beth Tibbitts: Hello,Stefan Kuhne ---02/04/2010 09:33:42 AM---Am 04.02.2010 15:14, schrieb Beth Tibbitts: Hello,

Stefan Kuhne <stefan.kuhne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

02/04/2010 09:33 AM

Re: [ptp-user] PTP 3.0 under eclipse-3.5 and Ubuntu-9.10

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Am 04.02.2010 15:14, schrieb Beth Tibbitts:

Hello,

> I assume you mean you are trying to create a project and you don't
> see any of the PTP new project wizard entries? Like "new MPI project"
> etc?

exactly, no entries from PTP.

> You need to install PLDT ( the Parallel Language Development Tool, part
> of PTP) to get those.
>
> If you did, then it sounds like your installation isn't complete.
> Can you let us know what version of eclipse you have, what version of
> PTP and CDT, etc. etc. ?
> Hlpp>About Installation Details > Configuration will tell you everything.

I can do it in some days.

> If those are the only entries you see in the new project wizard, then
> perhaps you don't
> even have a successful installation of all of CDT??

Is anywhere a list what PTP requires?
Even installation of PTP should install all requirements.

Regards,
Stefan Kuhne
[attachment "stefan_kuhne.vcf" deleted by Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM] [attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM] _______________________________________________
ptp-user mailing list