Re: [ptp-user] Specifying remote include directories for remote build

This was my error. When I initially defined the remote project, I clicked thru all the properties settings panels without changing anything. When the source files got indexed, I got the error messages in the server log similar to this one

Indexer: unresolved name at /build/wootton/hpct_eclipse/src/mp_profiler/arch/linux_power.c(35); Attempt to use symbol failed : TIMESTRUCT

I deleted the project and recreated it, this time specifying /usr/include, /usr/include/sys, and /opt/ibmhpc/ppe.poe/include and got a little farther.

The only indication I have that I have missing include files is if I go look in the log generated by the remote server.

Once I fixed the includes, when I tried to find the definition of MPI_Comm (which is in /opt/ibmhpc/ppe.poe/include) I got an error log entry with the following traceback

at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.ui.search.RemoteSearchResult.getFile(RemoteSearchResult.java:221)
at org.eclipse.search2.internal.ui.text.PositionTracker.getTrackedFileBuffer(PositionTracker.java:188)
at org.eclipse.search2.internal.ui.text.PositionTracker.searchResultChanged(PositionTracker.java:86)
at org.eclipse.search.ui.text.AbstractTextSearchResult.fireChange(AbstractTextSearchResult.java:265)
at org.eclipse.search.ui.text.AbstractTextSearchResult.addMatches(AbstractTextSearchResult.java:105)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.ui.search.RemoteSearchQueryAdapter.run(RemoteSearchQueryAdapter.java:99)
at org.eclipse.search2.internal.ui.InternalSearchUI$InternalSearchJob.run(InternalSearchUI.java:94)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Just a thought. Should there be a preferences dialog where some default remote system directories can be set up, such as maybe include directories and library directories? I realize they may not be constant across a set of remote systems, but currently, when I create a remote project, I'm getting a set of include directory pathnames based on my local windows system as the defaults in the remote paths and symbols panel in the remote project properties.

Dave

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/20/2009 05:10 PM

Please respond to
PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [ptp-user] Specifying remote include directories for remote build

Dave,

I thought scanner discovery was supposed to work this out
automatically, but it may be some limitation of the remote project.
Maybe Chris can shed some more light. Can you post the error messages
you're seeing?

Thanks,

Greg