[ptp-user] Changing connection name for a remote project

Is it possible and a good idea to provide the ability to change the
connection name for a remote project after the remote project has been
created? I have the source code in a directory that is shared between
multiple systems (by NFS). Our lab development environment is also set up
with directories shared by multiple systems.
The reason I'm wondering if this is worthwhile is that this source code
could be common source code for AIX and/or multiple Linux versions where
depending what I'm doing, I may want to compile that code on AIX or Linux
systems.

Also, if I'm running in a cluster environment like this, the initial
system I specified when creating the project may be down or I want to use
a different system for performance reasons.

I think this also affects the remote services setup in the last panel of
the project create wizard.

Does this cause more problems than it is worth? Does this affect indexing,
or require indexing to be redone when a project is moved to a different
system?

I realize system directories may be different on different systems within
the cluster, even for the same OS (the specific OS level might be
different). Does that cause more problems?

Is this possible for a closed project or one where the defined connection
is not connected? Is there sufficient info in the local Eclipse dtaa to
make this work, or do you depend on what's on the remote system that you
can't get to?
Dave

Back to the top