Re: [ptp-dev] Gerrit Tasks

The GUI Terminal code is here: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/17427/

There are a couple of things that I know people will want to change. First, there is graphics code embedded in here, and I strongly suspect that it ought to be moved to some other package with "ui" in it. I'll need help with the naming convention, and you all might need to take a look at what I have to figure out exactly where it ought go.

Second, I committed a class named Here.java. I don't expect it to survive the review, but I think it's an extremely useful class to include. Here.here(message) prints a message to the console, but includes a file and line number in such a way that it is a clickable link in Eclipse. Secondly, the function always returns true so that you can use it with assert, e.g. "assert Here.here(message)". That way you only see it in debugging, and it when its not there it doesn't hurt performance. Alas, the ptp terminal is tied to java 1.4 and we can't use asserts. :(

A third problem is that the layout code for the history view is ugly. I haven't done much SWT programming, and I had some struggles. When I finally got this code to work, I said to myself, "There has to be a better way." I'm counting on some feedback to put me on the correct path.

Cheers,
Steve