Re: [ptp-dev] Gerrit Tasks

Here's the quick version:

On Oct 16, 2013, at 5:20 PM, Beth Tibbitts <beth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can someone please outline what PTP contributors (committers and others) need to do for the basic tasks?
(1) add a proposed fix/patch  to Gerrit - sounds like what Steve just had to do - and what Rui did to the PerfSuite code.

1. Clone the repo
2. Configure the repo to use Gerrit (modify or create a remote that uses port 29418 or git.eclipse.org/r
3. Make changes
4. Commit the changes (to local repo) making sure that the commit includes Signed-off-by and Change-Id lines
5. Team>Remote>Push to Gerrit...

(2) What a committer (like me) needs to do to pull a gerrit patch in, see its changes, and later commit it to the repo to get in the build.
     ---> I know we covered some of this in last week's ptp-dev meeting but frankly i'm still at a loss of where to start.  Some basic steps in prose, and links to more info, will probably help. Roland I think you said you would do this after the meeting.  Thanks in advance!!
A new section in http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup_80  probably makes sense.  If you can get it started I am happy to tweak it with my experience trying it out.

I would suggest a separate wiki page to document this, rather than the environment setup page.

1. Go to the URL for the change (e.g.  https://git.eclipse.org/r/16451)
2. Open the Patch Set
3. Click on each file, review the changes, add comments in line if required
4. The "Download" field on the main screen shows different ways of obtaining the changes in order to test in your local repo
5. On the main screen, click on the "Add Comment" button and add an overall comment on the change
6. Using "Publish Comments" to add the comment
7. If the change is rejected, the contributor can upload a new patch set, then the process is repeated
8. If the change is accepted, sign off on the change by voting +2
9. Once there is a +2 vote, use Publish and Submit to push the changes to the main repo

I'm also planning to add an auto build step so that husdon will automatically try to build with the change (and run tests too). If the build succeeds, hudson will vote on the change.

Greg

Back to the top