[platform-update-dev] install protocols - when features are not valid

Noticed a few things in my testing of certain rqmts - and have a question
or three.
Build from 5/30.

When I delete a link file - extension stays around.  Is this expected or
desired?

When I rename the directory where the link pointed (after finding out
deleting the link was not enough) the workbench created the dir tree -
empty with the expected name.  Is this expected or desired?

When I add an extension via a link, and the pre-reqs of the extension are
not met (plugin.xml import of 2.0.1 match equivalent and only 2.0.0 found)
I'm not really told it won't work. Steps:
- add link file
- start wb - it cycles based on finding the new link
- wb prompts for the update manager accept/reject change
- change dialog does not say that the feature can't be loaded (based on
plug-in failure)
- accept feature update
- restart workbench
- update manager identifies the feature as in trouble (red x) and status
states plugin missing.

Is there a way to discover this in the update manager?

<never-mind>

Tried it with feature based requires - works there.

But the msg is a bit strange: About to loose required plug-in....

Shouldn't this be something like: "Not able to satisfy the plug-in
prerequisites for plug-in x.y z" ?

Pat McCarthy   --   Eclipse Platform Enablement (3ECA)
                             --   OTI - RTP, NC
                             --   (919 254-6231 / 8-444-6231 -- FAX
8-444-4183)
                             --   Internet: PatMc@xxxxxxxxxx