Re: [platform-update-dev] install protocols - when features are not valid

About the message at the bottom: 'About to loose ...'  may not be the most
fortunate choice of words, but what I tried to say is that you are still
not missing the require, but you would if we allowed you to proceed with
the action.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Application Development
D2/MY7/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4854

                    Pat
                    McCarthy/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS        To:     platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                          cc:
                    platform-update-dev-admin@e       Subject:     [platform-update-dev] install protocols - when features
                    clipse.org                         are not valid

                    05/31/2002 01:58 PM
                    Please respond to
                    platform-update-dev

Noticed a few things in my testing of certain rqmts - and have a question
or three.
Build from 5/30.

When I delete a link file - extension stays around.  Is this expected or
desired?

When I rename the directory where the link pointed (after finding out
deleting the link was not enough) the workbench created the dir tree -
empty with the expected name.  Is this expected or desired?

When I add an extension via a link, and the pre-reqs of the extension are
not met (plugin.xml import of 2.0.1 match equivalent and only 2.0.0 found)
I'm not really told it won't work. Steps:
- add link file
- start wb - it cycles based on finding the new link
- wb prompts for the update manager accept/reject change
- change dialog does not say that the feature can't be loaded (based on
plug-in failure)
- accept feature update
- restart workbench
- update manager identifies the feature as in trouble (red x) and status
states plugin missing.

Is there a way to discover this in the update manager?

<never-mind>

Tried it with feature based requires - works there.

But the msg is a bit strange: About to loose required plug-in....

Shouldn't this be something like: "Not able to satisfy the plug-in
prerequisites for plug-in x.y z" ?

Pat McCarthy   --   Eclipse Platform Enablement (3ECA)
                             --   OTI - RTP, NC
                             --   (919 254-6231 / 8-444-6231 -- FAX
8-444-4183)
                             --   Internet: PatMc@xxxxxxxxxx