Re: [platform-ui-dev] Should we avoid -2 on Gerrit ?

+1 to that and what Lars said.

I'm one who probably used -2 too much in the past and need to watch my -2s closer.

Dani

From:        Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        10.10.2015 01:03
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] Should we avoid -2 on Gerrit ?
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Stefan Xenos <sxenos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-2 may still has its place. If the entire approach taken by the patch is flawed and the reviewer doesn't want the patch to be committed in any form, that could be the circumstance where we use -2.

I agree with Stefan, and this is how I prefer to use it.  Perhaps we just need to raise awareness amongst our committers (i.e. us) that after a change (other than our own) has a -2, a new patch with a new approach should have the -2 removed so it can be reviewed in a timely fashion and that it's acceptable to ask on the bug or via a review comment to have the changeset re-considered.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR