Re: [platform-ui-dev] Updating JFace version ID

On 06/10/2014 04:35 PM, Tom Schindl wrote:
I still have doubts we should add generics to the current jface library
because it will result in a tremendous amount of warnings many projects
will not be able to fix for a long time.

Wouldn't it be wiser to introduce a JFace2 which also would allow to
break the API and e.g. get away with
IStructuredContentProvider#getElements(Object inputElement) : Object[]
Those projects which really don't want warning could just set an upper-bound and keep on depending on jface <= 3.10. JFace doesn't seem to be a singleton bundle so it shouldn't be an issue.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top