Re: [platform-ui-dev] Updating JFace version ID

I still have doubts we should add generics to the current jface library
because it will result in a tremendous amount of warnings many projects
will not be able to fix for a long time.

Wouldn't it be wiser to introduce a JFace2 which also would allow to
break the API and e.g. get away with
IStructuredContentProvider#getElements(Object inputElement) : Object[]

Please note I'm not proposing jface 4.0.0 because haveing 2 versions of
jface is a straight way to a disaster.

Tom