From: Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/27/2012 09:36 AM
Subject: Re: [platform-ui-dev] Commit message guidelines
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Eric Moffatt <emoffatt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Paul, I'm still not sure I understand...what would the checkin notices you list below look like in your proposed format ?

Sorry, those examples were to show that what we're doing today is already close to what I'm asking.  If they contain enough detail then the only extra thing I'm asking for is the "Bug: 344029" in the footer, after a blank line.

----
    Bug 344029 - Editor navigation and Tab-Ordering

    Add dirty indicator.
    Add hint text for filter text field.

    Bug: 344029
----
    Bug 371115 Dependency Injection should not auto-gen an object (without
    @Named annotation)

    Append the @Creatable interface so the contacts demow orks again.

    Bug: 371115
----
    Bug 372150 - Deprecate presentation API in 4.x

    remove the unused extension in org.eclipse.ui

    Bug: 372150
----
    Bug 371415 - Infinite recursion copying folder to child

    Infinite recursion when performing recursive copy of
    eclipse folders using custom FileStore implementation

    Bug: 371415
----
    Bug 319255 - Hidden toolbar contributions appear in toolbar

    Bug: 319255

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR