[platform-swt-dev] Is anyone actively working on the SWT Cocoa bindings?

SWT Developers-

I am very interested in the SWT Cocoa bindings. Java client development on Mac is currently hamstrung by the fact that the Carbon widgets that SWT currently uses simply look wrong in many cases. Mac users tend to be so persnickety about these little details (like the inability to hide scroll bars in table views) that Mac developers take one look at an existing application built on top of SWT/JFace and dismiss it out of hand as not being a viable toolkit. The Cocoa bindings will be a godsend for people looking to develop on top of SWT/ JFace while still adhering to the modern UI of Mac OS.

I made a minor bug report against the Cocoa bindings (#223753) and submitted a patch, and was very pleased to see it committed the next day (thanks to Kevin Barnes). I would be willing and able to work more on finding & fixing bugs, but I am concerned by the general lack of activity and discussion in the Cocoa department. Is there any concerted effort underway to get the Cocoa port finished, or is it expected to languish until the post-Ganymede timeframe?

--
Marc Prud'hommeaux

Back to the top