Re: [platform-swt-dev] Is anyone actively working on the SWT Cocoa bindings?

On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:37 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:
I made a minor bug report against the Cocoa bindings (#223753) and submitted a patch, and was very pleased to see it committed the next day (thanks to Kevin Barnes). I would be willing and able to work more on finding & fixing bugs, but I am concerned by the general lack of activity and discussion in the Cocoa department. Is there any concerted effort underway to get the Cocoa port finished, or is it expected to languish until the post-Ganymede timeframe?

You should start to see much more activity here within the next month or so. I expect to start doing more regular work on the port as part of my day job at Adobe. If you see some obvious bug in the Cocoa port, by all means report it, even if you can't produce a patch right away.

That said, while I would agree there hasn't been much in the way of discussion, and things could be more active, I wouldn't call it lethargic, either. As you mentioned, Kevin Barnes has been pretty active, and I know that Cocoa's capabilities are being considered when adding new API. Activity will happen when there's a demand, and that demand is growing.

Scott
Scott Kovatch
Cupertino, CA

Back to the top