Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT on PDA

Sunday, November 26, 2006, 10:13:20 AM, Frederic Dreier wrote:

> I double-checked the version and both version match.

> In the mean time, I eared that SWT could have problem with the last
> version of J9 (with 1.1 personal profiles). Does anyone experienced the
> problem or just have experience when it works by him?

Older versions of Personal Profile as part of the J9
runtimes do include their own version of SWT, which was used
as the peer layer for the AWT classes.  This has not been
the case for a couple of years, but if you are using the J9
that came with the last full WSDD release, you might still
have the Personal Profile that includes SWT.  You can double
check this by looking inside the ppro-ui.jar file to see if
there are any SWT classes in it.

Or, you can forget all that and just use the Foundation
Profile with SWT, since Personal Profile is not really
required to run SWT.

David
mailto:dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.platform.swt