[platform-swt-dev] Building SWT -- Instructions?

Hello all,

I'm working on some Mac OS X platform integration features. I've gotten things working fairly well by hacking the generated JNI C code directly, but this obviously isn't going to cut it for a patch submission. Someone please point me at the documentation for the SWT build process, including especially the JNIGenerator tool. I've gotten as far as importing the dev.eclipse.org projects from CVS, but I have no idea what to edit or how to make the JNI natives magically appear. (Or to generate the nice Jar files with working resource bundles, for that matter.)

If one of the submitters would prefer to just add the two functions I need directly to CVS, that would work, too. What I need (should show up in internal/carbon/OS.java):

public static final native int AEGetParamDesc (int theAppleEvent, int theAEKeyword, int desiredType, AEDesc result);
public static final native int AEDisposeDesc(AEDesc fileListDesc);

Thanks much. I promise you'll be getting some nice feature patches for 3.1.x soon if I can work out the proper build process....

--
Peter Centgraf
Research Programmer,

Back to the top