Re: [platform-swt-dev] Building SWT -- Instructions?

I don't have my SWT project in front of me, so I'm going by memory of my experience in the submission process. If you are using the Eclipse IDE:

0. Check out the source tree from CVS into a Java project (It appears you may have already done this) 1. Navigate into the source tree with a shell and figure out how to build the project using the included makefiles/scripts. Make sure you can build without compilation error and ensure that the resulting build products function correctly. If you haven't already, you may need to download and install the Java 1.4.2 Developer package from the Apple Developer Connection to supply the C compilation process with the appropriate JNI headers... 2. Identify the appropriate files to add your JNI functions and Java native method declarations/definitions. I recall there is at least one C file and one Java file, both of them large and sorted alphabetically. Add your work thusly.. 3. Write some software to exercise, or even better, test, your handiwork. Compile SWT once more, and when running your software refer to the compiled version with a -Djava.library.path=path/to/the/directory/of/the/compiled/swt/libraries Java VM argument. 4. Once you complete the code/test/debug cycle to your satisfaction, generate a patch in Eclipse by right-clicking the project and choosing the patch feature from the "Team" menu. 5. Create a feature request (or whatever is appropriate) on bugs.eclipse.org and attach your patch.
6. Wait, and in due time, your work may end up in SWTs HEAD..

Ty C