Re: [platform-swt-dev] Building SWT -- Instructions?

Hi, Peter!

Thanks for your time working on cool feature patches!
Don't worry about generating the natives - hand-hacked is fine for testing.
Just tell us which natives you need when you submit the feature and your java code to Bugzilla, and we will generate them with JNIGen when the patch goes in.

I assume you do realize that nothing new is going in now until after 3.1 ships.

Thanks again!
Carolyn

Peter Centgraf <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/13/2005 11:57 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Building SWT -- Instructions?

Hello all,

I'm working on some Mac OS X platform integration features.  I've
gotten things working fairly well by hacking the generated JNI C code
directly, but this obviously isn't going to cut it for a patch
submission.  Someone please point me at the documentation for the SWT
build process, including especially the JNIGenerator tool.  I've
gotten as far as importing the dev.eclipse.org projects from CVS, but
I have no idea what to edit or how to make the JNI natives magically
appear.  (Or to generate the nice Jar files with working resource
bundles, for that matter.)

If one of the submitters would prefer to just add the two functions I
need directly to CVS, that would work, too.  What I need (should show
up in internal/carbon/OS.java):

public static final native int AEGetParamDesc (int theAppleEvent, int
theAEKeyword, int desiredType, AEDesc result);
public static final native int AEDisposeDesc(AEDesc fileListDesc);

Thanks much.  I promise you'll be getting some nice feature patches
for 3.1.x soon if I can work out the proper build process....

--
Peter Centgraf
Research Programmer,