Re: [platform-swt-dev] Eclipse crashing on OS X

I have not had this problem on other platforms so this is most likely a Mac
OS X specific problem.  The mac port of eclipse is still really in its
infancy so glitches are to be expected.   The mac port is changing quite
significantly right now so the problem may already be fixed, however, if
you can create a reproducible test case, it would be nice to capture this
in a bug report against Platftorm SWT.

                      Craig Pugsley
                      <craigpugsley@xxxxxxx>          To:      platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-swt-dev-admin@         Subject: [platform-swt-dev] Eclipse crashing on OS X
                      eclipse.org

                      11/11/2002 03:21 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-swt-dev

Hi

I'm not sure if this is a bug with Eclipse on Mac OS X only, but I have
been finding that Eclipse hangs on me sometimes almost without warning.
It usually happens when I have been using Eclipse, I switch to
something else (possibly, although not consistently, by hiding
Eclipse), then come back. When I do, the Eclipse interface does not
respond as if it is waiting for something. The 'x' in the document tab
has the rollover effect when I mouse over it, and the menu items work
for a split second when I click them, before they close again. I can
(and invariably do) quit Eclipse at this point.

Then it is a 50/50 chance that Eclipse will start up again. Usually, I
have to remove the workspace and start it again (setting my Classpath
variables, importing my projects, etc...).

Its more of a pain in the arse than a serious bug really. I've even
just made a copy of the newly created workspace folder (as a backup
that I can copy and replace the corrupt if it happens again). But for
some reason now Eclipse won't start. I exited it correctly (not force
quit) and it had not hung... This could be a separate issue altogether
though.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

CraigP