[platform-swt-dev] Eclipse crashing on OS X

Hi

I'm not sure if this is a bug with Eclipse on Mac OS X only, but I have been finding that Eclipse hangs on me sometimes almost without warning. It usually happens when I have been using Eclipse, I switch to something else (possibly, although not consistently, by hiding Eclipse), then come back. When I do, the Eclipse interface does not respond as if it is waiting for something. The 'x' in the document tab has the rollover effect when I mouse over it, and the menu items work for a split second when I click them, before they close again. I can (and invariably do) quit Eclipse at this point.

Then it is a 50/50 chance that Eclipse will start up again. Usually, I have to remove the workspace and start it again (setting my Classpath variables, importing my projects, etc...).

Its more of a pain in the arse than a serious bug really. I've even just made a copy of the newly created workspace folder (as a backup that I can copy and replace the corrupt if it happens again). But for some reason now Eclipse won't start. I exited it correctly (not force quit) and it had not hung... This could be a separate issue altogether though.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

CraigP

CraigP