Re: [platform-releng-dev] Latest milestone or builds as Maven artifacts

AFAICS this will require a new feature in CBI aggregator:

Currently, to translate from OSGi versions to Maven versions
we cut off the qualifier segment of our versions (to mark
artifacts as proper releases, not snapshots).

Before we publish milestones / snapshots we need to translate
to a versioning scheme that does not confuse Maven, i.e.,
we must be sure that Maven will never 'think' that a snapshot
is newer than the final release of the same stream.
From my experience this is a tricky goal as Maven is good for
a great deal of surprises in version comparisons, including
undocumented semantic changes between micro versions of Maven.
I'm thinking of adding an explicit "-SNAPSHOT" segment to our
version numbers.

If we go down that road, yes, a new bug against CBI aggregator
would be a good starting point (please put me on Cc:) ).

OTOH, for the use case at hand maybe repo.eclipse.org is a better
place to deploy to, rather than Maven Central or OSSRH?

best,
Stephan