Re: [platform-releng-dev] Lots of unnecessary downloads during platform build?

There's no bug that I know of. But would suggest right off, if you want the latest one, to simple use the latest one (via a property, or similar) rather than any composite, so that it is becomes a documented part of your build.

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        09/10/2015 06:07 AM
Subject:        Re: [platform-releng-dev] Lots of unnecessary downloads during platform build?
Sent by:        platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 09/10/2015 12:00 PM, David M Williams wrote:
Second, this "N-build" based build isn't our production build, but is one where committers
can "build one plugin" on Gerrit, just to sanity check some change they are considering.
It's not a perfect, but catches many errors, even if indeterminate.

I agree with Jan here, I don't see the benefit of keeping dozens of nightly builds whereas while developing, everyone just want the freshest one.
Would it be possible to have a N-builds/latest that would either be an up-to-date copy or composite with the output of the latest build?
Are you aware of any Bugzilla on this topic or should I create a new one?

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at