Re: [platform-releng-dev] Lots of unnecessary downloads during platform build?

Jan,

I've always meant to reply to your note and first say "thanks for keeping an eye on us." ;)

Second, this "N-build" based build isn't our production build, but is one where committers
can "build one plugin" on Gerrit, just to sanity check some change they are considering.

It's not a perfect, but catches many errors, even if indeterminate.

For our production builds, we use highly specific repository URLs and (usually) redundant version numbers for our pre-reqs.

Thanks again,

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.6-N-builds/

> for build IMHO it does not make sense to have any more than exactly one
> build in there.
> If you build against a combination of the last N nightly builds,
> dependency resolution is completely undefined.
>

> Regards
> Jan

Back to the top