Re: [platform-dev] Review practice

Hu there,

indeed I was surprised by this change to be merged without review
https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.text/pull/175

I left comment after-the-fact here:
https://github.com/mickaelistria/eclipse.platform.text/commit/9515786e802f59563010d395caa90260bb65e95b

Would be good if someone could take a second look.

Best
Sebastian

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 1:58 PM Hoepfner, Marcus via platform-dev <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why are you asking? Did you see a concrete issue in particular?
I general I’d not commit without code review. I usually get helpful comments.
And even it is just about a typo in Javadoc, it is worth it.

A colleague once said, code review is kind of deferred pair programming. I like that, though it might not be 100% correct.