RE: [platform-core-dev] How much memory can a Workspace take?

Hi,

I have a three day training starting from Wed, however I'll try to look at
it ASAP.
Sorry for the delay :-)
--
Szymon Brandys

             "Oberhuber,
             Martin"
             <Martin.Oberhuber                                          To
             @windriver.com>           "Eclipse Platform Core component
             Sent by:                  developers list."
             platform-core-dev         <platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             -bounces@eclipse.                                          cc
             org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [platform-core-dev] How much

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse Platform
              Core component
             developers list."
             <platform-core-de
              v@xxxxxxxxxxx>

As indicated on the bug,

I would suggest WorkspacePerformanceTest as the test case...
I tried running it, and while I did get some heap report
(which I could not exactly interpret), I did not get any
timings, supposedly du to missing "ivperf".

I'm assuming that Szymon would have more experience with
running the performance tests, could you help out and
run them once with James' trivial patch and once without?

I'm afraid that my testcase is not exactly reproducable,
but I'm going to work on incorporating the patch into a
deployable plugin which I can then test on the huge workspace.

At any rate, that test will only tell me whether it crashes
or not... it will not tell us by how many % we improved
memory use or performance, so that's why I'd prefer getting
the unittest data as well.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm