Re: [platform-core-dev] How much memory can a Workspace take?

2009/9/30 Oberhuber, Martin <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> At any rate, that test will only tell me whether it crashes
> or not... it will not tell us by how many % we improved
> memory use or performance, so that's why I'd prefer getting
> the unittest data as well.

You can dump heap whenever you want - you don't need to wait for out
of memory.  If you're using a Sun VM then jmap or jvisualvm should do
the trick. You can then directly compare the workspace tree size
between the Eclipse instances.

If I get a chance today I'll try to have a go with a large workspace
I've got lying around.

Cheers,
James