RE: [platform-core-dev] How much memory can a Workspace take?

Hi Szymon, James -

my hprof.zip is at
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1975868/java_pid11610.zip

The ZIP is 68MB large (the 200MB had also included the entire
.metadata with some large CDT pdom's).

As mentioned this was with Eclipse-3.5.0 on Linux-GTK RHEL4 (32-bit).
The problem happened directly after launching, during a workspace
refresh that was initiated because a previous shutdown was unclean.

Here are some probably interesting bits from the .log file. It looks
like the machine was very busy at that time -- it took 6 minutes
from initial Launch till refreshing the workspace, and it took 19
minutes from starting the WS refresh till running into the
OutOfMemoryError:

!SESSION 2009-09-28 12:19:25.891
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.5.0_11
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -data
/folk/hxu2/WindRiver/workspace2

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2009-09-28 12:25:34.028
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous
session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-09-28 12:44:01.498
!MESSAGE Internal Error
!STACK 0

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm