Re: [photran] horizontal rule and content assist and more

Thanks for the reply.

>> effect: there appeared a little vertical bar in the band where the
>> horizontal ruler were supposed to be, and the position of the bar
>> corresponded to the the position of the cursor.
>

> That's odd; we haven't seen this behavior before.
>
> It looks like you're running Linux...?  What distribution?

No. I'm running 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

> What font is the editor using now?  If you switch the editor to a different
> font (something standard, like Courier New) and restart Eclipse, do you get
> the same behavior?

I'm using Courier New. I tried to switch the font to Consolas and Verdana,
but the horizontal ruler stayed the same as before.

> (The font metrics from the text editor determine how the horizontal ruler is
> painted, which is why I'm curious about the font changes...)
>

>> Problem 2:
>> Content assist does not work. I was disappointed by having pressed
>> Ctrl+Space for many times, but seen nothing...
>

> Did you enable analysis/refactoring on the project?  You must do this for
> content assist to work.  See
> <http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/photran/documentation/photran7advanced#Enabling_Advanced_Features>
>
> If it still doesn't work, are there parse errors/syntax errors displayed in
> the Outline View?  Those will also prevent content assist from working
> correctly.

Yes, indeed I enabled  analysis/refactoring, and it seems all the other things
work quite well except for the content assist...

Cheers,
Feng-Kun

Back to the top