Re: [photran] Free form and infamous devider in column 133

I noticed Photran 6.0 got rid of the vertical limiter line in editor in column 133 by default. Since I am using free format that in gfortran has the 132-character limit by default, I tried to get the line back.

If your code is in free form, you should leave the source form setting at "free form" -- otherwise it won't parse!

To display the gray bar after column 132, try clicking on Window > Preferences, navigate to General > Editors > Text Editors, check the box that says "Show Print Margin," and set the "Print Margin Column" field to 132.

This will make it appear for other (non-Fortran) files as well, but hopefully that's not a problem...

Jeff

Back to the top