Re: [photran] How to set up Photran to work with gFortran

Title: cordialement.txt
Le 28/01/2010 10:26, Ronan Keating a écrit :
Hi,

Your assumption is right I run Photran under WinXP Pro SP3

I've dowloaded the gfrotran binaries from that location http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries
I am not sure you also have gcc bundled...
So, I recommend downloading the bundle from http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=fortran
This way you will get coherent versions of gcc, gfortran, gdb and make (if you need other things such as rm or install, you still need to add mingw or cygwin though)
You even have native Win64 versions!
The installer will suggest C:\gcc to install. Let's suppose you accept.
Then, just add C:\gcc\bin at the beginning of your PATH, or if you want to choose between g95 and gfortran on a per project basis while still using automated make,
right click on the name of your project then Fortran Build/Environment
Verify that "Append variables to native environment" is checked
Click on the Add... button in the right part of the window
Fill Name field with PATH and Value field to C:\gcc\bin
Check "Add to all configurations" and click OK.
(This last procedure is also very convenient to run the all thing (eclipse/photran+compilers) from a USB key on a PC which has nothing for development installed or on which you are not allowed to modify anything on the system !...)
I would recommend not setting other environment variables first (for includes and libraries) and adding them only if you get error messages.
--
Cordialement,

Michel DEVEL

Back to the top