Re: [photran] Photran indexer hanging, OutOfMemory, &c.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Bob Apthorpe <bob.apthorpe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Removing comments and substituting in the INCLUDE files, the grand total
> is 64022 lines split out as:
>
> AMIO.F90      8580
> AMIO1.F90     7653
> AMOD.F90      9220
> AMOD1.F90    10131
> AMOD2.F90     7784
> DCRT.F90      1245
> FATE.F90      2106
> GRAPHITE.F90   732
> JTFLOW2.F90   3032
> MCO.F90       2482
> MCO1.F90      7370
> SLUDGE.F90    3687

Those are NOT big numbers.  We ought to be able to handle them.  You
must have discovered a bug in Photran.

> Ideally, the Powers That Be will let me convert the INCLUDE files to
> modules; I'd like to drag this code into this millennium...

We want to provide refactorings that make this easy.  We can convert
COMMON variables into module variables and move procedures into
modules.  What other refactorings would you need?

-Ralph

Back to the top