Re: [photran] Permanent Syntax Error

Hi Nikola,

Even the empty file with 5 comment lines provoke a

Technically, this is not a legal Fortran program because it does not contain any program units. :-) The shortest legal one-line program is this, which declares a single main program with no statements:
      end

That said, I agree that the Outline view should not give an error on an empty file.

With Fortran code I already have, usually Syntax error occurs at a random place in the code with 'unexpected character' comment where no obivous error is visible. Am I doing something completely wrong in the sense of configuring the workbench or ...???

Is the code fixed-format or free-format, and what filename extension are you using? My best guess is that it's fixed-format code, but Photran is trying to parse it as free-format code.

Jeff

Back to the top