Re: [photran] Photran managed-make with gfortran

   Many thanks for your response, Hani.  I did eventually compare the instructions to which you referred me with what I'd actually done and found the problem.

   So far managed-make seems to work fine with gfortran on this system, and I think I'm airborne now!

Best wishes,
David

--
On Tuesday 08 May 2007 19:10, Hani wrote:
> David Lochrin schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> >    When I click on "save" after creating a simple Fortran source file
> > Photran returns the diagnostic "nothing to build".  I'm not confident
> > about debugging this problem, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions.
>
> I am not 100% sure, because I tried managed-make only once and do not
> use it anymore. Furthermore I am sitting in front of my Windows box and
> I am not able to reproduce your situation.
>
> Did you choose "Managed-Make" Project"?
>
> Follow the instructions step by step on
> <http://www.eclipse.org/photran/documentation.php> "Getting Started with
> Managed Make" and look whether it works.
>
> Some additional information:
> --------------8<------------
> The reason why you get this kind of message is that you have activated
> automatic building which is preselected (if I recall correctly). If you
> click save, your source file(s) will be compiled and linked.
>
> I get "Nothing to build" if I try to use managed-make on Windows!?
>
> My suggestion: To avoid automatic compiling (building) when you save
> your sources, uncheck "Project->Build Automatically".
>
> Now you have to click "Projects->Build Project" or "->Clean..." to
> compile and link your sources. Try "->Clean..." rather than "->Build
> Project" first.
>
> FYI: This hint may not solve your primary problem.
>
> As I tried managed-make with GFortran/Ifort a couple of month ago it
> worked pretty well on my Linux box.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hani

Back to the top