Re: [photran] Photran managed-make with gfortran

David Lochrin schrieb:
Hi,

   When I click on "save" after creating a simple Fortran source file Photran returns the diagnostic "nothing to build".  I'm not confident about debugging this problem, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

I am not 100% sure, because I tried managed-make only once and do not
use it anymore. Furthermore I am sitting in front of my Windows box and I am not able to reproduce your situation.

Did you choose "Managed-Make" Project"?

Follow the instructions step by step on <http://www.eclipse.org/photran/documentation.php> "Getting Started with Managed Make" and look whether it works.

Some additional information:
--------------8<------------
The reason why you get this kind of message is that you have activated
automatic building which is preselected (if I recall correctly). If you click save, your source file(s) will be compiled and linked.

I get "Nothing to build" if I try to use managed-make on Windows!?

My suggestion: To avoid automatic compiling (building) when you save
your sources, uncheck "Project->Build Automatically".

Now you have to click "Projects->Build Project" or "->Clean..." to
compile and link your sources. Try "->Clean..." rather than "->Build
Project" first.

FYI: This hint may not solve your primary problem.

As I tried managed-make with GFortran/Ifort a couple of month ago it worked pretty well on my Linux box.

Best regards,

Hani

Back to the top