Re: [photran] Photran 3.1-B2 under SuSE Linux

Hello to Everyone,

   Many thanks (et merci) to those who responded.

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:32, Pieter Klinker wrote:

> - you should see a number of photran entries in the eclipse
> plugins directory - in the help->about-> plug in details,
> listed under provider: University of Illinois, you can probably
> allready see some Photran entries.
>
> you didn't mention you installed the CDT plugin, i had to do
> this separately, so make sure you have this installed as well,
> and install otherwise.

   Thanks for those suggestions.  In fact I hadn't discovered that useful plugin listing, and hadn't installed CDT - I should have read the website more carefully!  The IDE seems to be working fine now, but I have the following problem with Photran.

   Clicking on New > Project > Fortran gives options for a Managed (or Standard) Make Fortran Project, but selecting either one results in the following diagnostic or a similar one for standard makes:

--
The selected wizard could not be started.

Reason:
Plug-in org.eclipse.photran.cdtinterface was unable to load class org.eclipse.photran.cdtinterface.ui.NewManagedFortranProjectWizard
--

   This seems to indicate that the manifest is there, but is it possible there's some problem accessing the code?  I'm using Photran 3.1-beta2.  I had no problem unzipping the downloaded kit, but couldn't find an MD5 check of its integrity.  Is there perhaps a problem with the version of the JRE (1.4.2_03) as Michael suggested?

   Any suggestions...?

Best wishes,
David

Back to the top