Re: [phoenix-dev] Re: First steps towards a better eclipse.org website

Ian Skerrett wrote:

   *
    * Provide the infrastructure to support the Eclipse projects.

I realize we're headed for general categories here at first so, not to put too fine a point on it, but I think we ought to strive toward something like:

*  Facilitate the growth of Eclipse projects

I think that is quite different from providing an infrastructure. I think we should be more like the bus than the the road. Projects shouldn't have to work very hard to develop on our systems and shouldn't have to work very hard to be promoted on our site. I think we provide maximum committer value when we make life as as project member as easy as possible, something which I think goes well beyond simple "infrastructure."

Karl

Back to the top