Re: [phoenix-dev] Re: First steps towards a better eclipse.org website

Certainly good goals, but there's still a little too much unquantifiable text in there.

* Define "easy" -- for a first time vistor? for a project lead? for a releng nerd? for a scriptkiddy? for a frequent visitor?

* Define "valuable" -- who decides what constitutes valuable marketing, how is it measured, and who benefits?

* Define "support" -- does the website itself provide support, or is it the staff (@eclipse.org) and the tools (portal.eclipse) that provide support?

With each goal stated, the obvious question in terms of implementation, quanitifcation, testing, and analysis must be "HOW?" -- how is the website &/or the Foundation accomplishing this, how do we know it's being accomplished, and how much better/different is it from before?

Nick