Re: [phoenix-dev] Interesting Quote

Following the Mozilla/Firefox model, we could have two separate domains:

a) eclipse.org

b) www.geteclipse.org, europa.geteclipse.org, ganymede.geteclipse.org (for the platform & EPP downloads ONLY -- no other projects here, to keep it simple)

Then, we put a big "Get Eclipse" button on the eclipse.org homepage, and direct people to the geteclipse.org site for the 'I just want the software, I care not who wrote it (for now)" experience.

This split might help to get around the Desset Topping / Floor Wax / Community / You / Java IDE / Multi-language IDE / RCP / Many Other Things issue. Because you come to eclipse.org for end-user code, or to build your product on top of end-user code, or to contribute to the projects, but for most people (I'm guessing?) it's not all three -- at least not at first.

Thoughts?