Re: [pde-dev] New Target API not included for M5

Hi Darin,

Thanks for the info. Is there no default menu action on the target definition file that does "Install to..." or so?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Darin Wright schrieb:
Can you please elaborate a little bit on the last step? What exactly
must I do to "materialize" a target definition in the file system so
that I can point my API baseline to that place?

To materialize a target from a target definition file, use the
ITargetPlatformService. Specifically, you can create a target handle
(which provides access to the target definition), from an IFile or a URI
to an external target definition file.

        /**
         * Returns a handle to a target definition backed by the
underlying file.
         * The target definition may or may not exist. If the file does
not exist
         * then this is a new target definition which becomes one of the
known
         * workspace target definitions when it is saved.
         *
         * @param file target definition file that may or may not exist
         * @return target handle
         */
        public ITargetHandle getTarget(IFile file);

        /**
         * Returns a handle to a target definition backed by the
underlying {@link URI}.
         * The target definition may or may not exist. If the {@link URI}
is valid
         * then this is a new target definition which becomes one of the
known
         * external target definitions.
         *
         * @param uri target definition {@link URI} that may or may not
exist
         * @return target handle
         */
        public ITargetHandle getTarget(URI uri);

Darin