[pde-dev] New Target API not included for M5

After much consideration, we have decided that the new target work going on in the target_api_changes branch is not in a stable enough state to put in for M5.  We believe that the new api is a step in the right direction, using p2 metadata/profiles over file scanning/preferences.  However, there are still some features missing and there has been insufficient time to test.

Depending on how things develop early in M6, we will decide whether to merge in some, all or none of the branch.  We will be looking for other teams (p2 possibly?) to help us test.

At Monday's meeting we can discuss it further, including how to include Chris/Ian's work on a "Add IU to target platform" dialog.

Curtis

Back to the top