Re: [pde-dev] New Target API not included for M5

Darin Wright schrieb:
A question on the new target API.

Today it's a struggle to set up a baseline from a target definition.
Yet baselines and target definitions have a lot in common. Is this
addressed in the new target work?

- thomas

Are you referring to API baselines for API tooling?

If so, you are correct - an API baseline is just another target. There is
no official API for creating API baselines currently. However, in PDE, we
leverage the target implementation to populate API baselines. I.e. we
define a target, resolve the contents, and then construct an API baseline
with API components (bundles) based on the resolved bundles in a target.

Can you please elaborate a little bit on the last step? What exactly must I do to "materialize" a target definition in the file system so that I can point my API baseline to that place?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

So the answer to this question is "no" since the API being enhanced is
around target definitions, rather than API baseline creation. However,
aligning these two technologies is a longer term goal.

Darin