Re: [pde-dev] New Target API not included for M5

On 01/28/2010 03:29 PM, Darin Wright wrote:
A question on the new target API.

Today it's a struggle to set up a baseline from a target definition.
Yet baselines and target definitions have a lot in common. Is this
addressed in the new target work?

- thomas
Are you referring to API baselines for API tooling?
Yes.

If so, you are correct - an API baseline is just another target. There is
no official API for creating API baselines currently. However, in PDE, we
leverage the target implementation to populate API baselines. I.e. we
define a target, resolve the contents, and then construct an API baseline
with API components (bundles) based on the resolved bundles in a target.

Is this present already? I would like to enable easy support for this in Buckminster. I already have headless commands for defining and importing target definitions, but so far, nothing for the API baselines. Ideally, I'd like to add a command saying "make this TP the workspace baseline".

Pointers to relevant code would be very helpful. Nonofficial is OK :-)

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top